.....::Recent Posts::.....

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Day 149 - Recycling, A Baby Boy & A PUPPY!!!!

OMGOSH!!!!


Today was a fairly exciting day when I stop to think about it! Of course I slept late after last night's 'bar scene' & the tummy ache. I am pleased to report that the chills, aches & belly ache are long gone! 


I was disappointed to have missed Jaco's call in the morning. I turn the ringers off at night because some of Mom's friends & family call VERY EARLY in the morning. I was a little bit paranoid that I was going to sleep too late & miss my ultrasound date!


I checked my emails & luckily there was an email from UC Baby notifying me of the password & username. I had one hour to go! I was so excited! I got a little breakfast ready & then prepped the computer for the show. I set up my little camera to record the video cast & Oh My Gosh! There it was! I could hear Ross & Krystle talking and I recognized her sister & her Mom's voices. It was so amazing to see the little baby moving about! Krystle had eaten a chocolate bar shortly before, so the baby was pretty wired! It was moving all over the place, waving it's arms around, sucking it's thumb, smiling, kicking, rolling around - it was brilliant! Ross' family lives in the UK, so it was pretty special that they could be a part of the pregnancy from so far away! The technician waited until everyone was online & we had all had a good look at the baby before he told us... IT'S A BABY BOY!!! I was crying like a baby! I was so excited for them! They are the most wonderful couple & I am so thrilled at the happiness they have found in each other!


The other exciting news was that her sister is having a baby too! Only 2 months after Krystle is due! How fun! A playmate already! Krystle & Ross are off to Mexico for 2 weeks for a 'Babymoon' - they haven't officially had a honeymoon yet, but now they're expecting, so a Babymoon it is.


Krystle & Ross met on ships & I'm a sap for a happy ending. They married last summer & it was by far the picture perfect wedding I've ever been to! Down to the tiniest detail, it was spectacular! Ross & Krystle are both photographers & Krystle shoots weddings when she's not busy being the most creative person I know! http://www.krystleimages.com shows a little of her creativity! I can't wait to meet the little fellow!


I had no sooner left the 3D ultrasound when the phone rang. It was Janis & they were on their way home from Banff. I made arrangements to meet them in Bragg Creek for a cup of tea. 


We met at the Cinnamon Spoon for juice & smoothies & conversation. They had been snowboarding in Banff for a few days & I was fortunate enough to catch a visit. Dustin entertained Caleb & their dogs while Janis & I had a quick chat. We always have a great time, but man, the world is small & it is crazy. 


Janis starts telling me about Dustin's friend from Calgary who has tickets to the World Cup in South Africa this summer. He's going by himself, but he has extra tickets & is wanting to trade them for accommodations. Since Janis knows I have a few links to South Africa, she wanted to know if I would be willing to help Dustin's friend out. Of course I would! But the funny thing is, the gal I met last night, Bronwyn, told me how she REALLY wanted to go to South Africa for the World Cup, but didn't have anyone to go with & didn't really feel comfortable going alone. I couldn't help but smile and the mysterious & marvelous way the world works! Unfortunately Bronwyn hadn't given me her details, so I had to do a little Facebook sleuthing, NOT stalking, to find her... We'll see if I get a P.S. bar or Grenadilla Twist this summer or not! :o)


I said goodbye to Janis, Dustin & Caleb & headed home to pick up the recycling. I thought I would stop by Jenn & Mike's for a quick visit while I picked up groceries & did my bit to help Mother Earth. I pulled into the recycling depot just as the fellow was closing the gate. THANK GOODNESS he let me in! One cardboard paper cut later, I was on my way to the Burnett's. 


Jenn has begun training for her first triathlon & I heard her make mention of a particular book she was interested in to help her out. I was in Costco on Thursday, saw the book & thought it would be good encouragement for her. I also wanted to share my yoga DVD's with her, as she was inquiring about those too. She was thrilled to receive her very own copy of Jillian Michaels 'Master Your Metabolism'! Yay! I'm so proud of Jenn for taking action to make this dream a reality! Her triathlon is August 8th & I'll do my best to be there to cheer her across the finish line!


Harrison played with Valentina again & I tried my best to get Mike & Jenn pumped about a trip to the Mediterranean for next year! Jenn has always dreamed of Italy & seeing as it's my favourite country, I take it on as my personal mission to see her in Italy! :o) 


I left them just before supper & came home to another missed call from Jaco! Darn! If only I could call him back! I had also missed a call from Roxie, the lady I got Valentina from. I called her back & I asked her a little bit about the puppies. I had decided if the puppy wasn't TOO expensive, I'd try to find a way to make it happen. Roxie told me the one pup would be perfect for Mom, as she's cuddly & very pretty. She's not dappled, but black & tan. Okay, so far so good. I ask the price & Roxie tells me 'Your Mom can have her'. I am thinking, 'Have her for what? How much?' Roxie tells me, 'For free.' 'WHAT?! Are you serious?' 


Roxie told me that she was so happy that Valentina ended up in such a good home, she would love to see this puppy end up in the same loving hands. WOW! I was so excited! Wait until Mom hears this! I told Roxie I'd call her back tomorrow after I had a chance to talk to Mom & make arrangements to collect the puppy! Little Annie was coming home!


How much did my bubble burst when Mom wasn't elated!? She didn't know what she'd do with her when she had a photo shoot all day. Hello, excuse please? You take her with you & put her in a big kennel in the back of the truck or you leave her at home with pee pads for her. Problem solved! How many ALL DAY shoots do you have a year? 3? Just think of the unconditional love you'll get! Every single day! Without falter! Annie will never wake up & be mad at you! She'll always love you! No matter how bad your breath stinks or how crazy your hair looks or how much you burnt dinner (not that my Mother does any of these, just for example! Seriously!) So little effort for so much in return. Everyone should experience the unconditional love of a Dachshund. Mom wanted to think about it overnight, so here's hoping she wakes up in the morning with a warm heart & a desire for a cold nose.


What a day it has been! Babies, puppies, triathlons, I can't take much more action! I'm tired just thinking about what tomorrow will bring! :o) Not really, I'm excited!


Love & hugs,
Maria & Valentina & hopefully ANNIE!
xxoxxoxxoxxoxxoxxoxxoxxoxxoxxoxx


Janis, Dustin & Caleb on their way back from the Snow Trip!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been