.....::Recent Posts::.....

Monday, March 08, 2010

Day 137 - The Rest of The Toque Story!

So today started off pretty sweet when I woke up to discover an email in my inbox from the Swedish Tourism Board! I was so excited! The lady was amazing! She wrote me & said she'd even taken a walk through the area (Gamla Stan) & found the exact shop I bought my toque from! That is incredible service! Especially considering my description went something like this: It's on the main pedestrian street in Gamla Stan & they sold a lot of handicrafts, but mostly hats. 


Pretty impressive, eh? I called as soon as I got the message & spoke with Harriet, who even remembered the hat almost three years later! Impressive again! Anyhow, she told me that the gal who makes them is in Medical School until the Fall & won't be making any hats until then. I told her that was perfect, as I can save up & have my beloved Swedish Toque, version 2.0! In the meantime, I'm going to try & learn how to knit & make my own boiled wool/felted toque. Any expertise is greatly appreciated, as I am a beginner in every sense of the word. As in no needles & no wool & no clue!


Roxy called today & asked for support in a 21-day challenge of exercise & eating raw. I told her the exercise would be the easy part, the diet, well, that's a whole other ball game! I love my Hoxsey 'approved' treats! But I'll do my best! We all know I've got a few Prednisone pounds kickin' around my ghetto booty region!!! :o)


Today I began teaching Valentina her first Service Dog task. Bring me a tissue please. 'Fazzoletto, per favore'. She is very food motivated, so I wrapped the treat in the kleenex & of course, she ate right through the kleenex! She wanted no part of the kleenex or pulling it out of the box! Just the treat! We practiced for about 3-5 minutes & then I left it. We'll see what happens tomorrow night!


She is the highlight of almost everyday for me. She makes me laugh in so many ways. Whether she's sitting upright with her tiny little legs hanging from her chest or her 'lips' getting stuck on her gums/teeth & she looks like she's smiling (Check 1:20 on this video for a gas & a half! Be sure to watch it at least twice - it gets funnier & funnier the more you watch it!) or when her & the cat, Adios, get to running around the kitchen chasing each other... I can't help but smile & laugh! Speaking of laughing... see the photo below for the new use for the Swedish Toque - It's Marvin the Martian's long lost cousin - Valentina the Venetian!


Sadly, the frustrating part of my day is the fact that my marriage currently consists of Skype video calls. Jaco is at home on holidays & Skype is the cheapest, easiest & nicest way for us to keep in touch, however, it's not very private & you can imagine our discussions often come to the topic of my health. I'm alternative, he's Western. It's like oil & water. I'll be very happy when the day comes that we are living in the same country, let alone under the same roof! He informed me that in our first year of marriage, we have had 14 weeks out of 12 months together! Perhaps we're subconsciously shooting for the world record of proving 'Absence makes the heart grow fonder'?!?! 


He is leaving for the ship again on Thursday, so hopefully we will be able to talk on a regular basis after that. Right now there is a 9 hour time difference, which also complicates things. All I know is, I sure do miss him & I can't wait to see him again!


On that note, I'm off to bed... Have a great night & see you soon! (Jaco!) :o)
Maria & Valentina
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo


Mama's Little Tweet Pea

My Marriage. No really.

Tweet Pea signs the Thank You cards.

Valentina's signature.

Valentina the Venetian... and THE Red Ball.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been